AMX Mod X 1.8.2 Release Notes
AMX Mod X 1.8.2 is a bug-fix release for compatibility with the February 2013 update to Half-Life Dedicated Servers. AMX Mod X 1.8.2 is not compatible with versions of Counter-Strike 1.6 retrieved prior to SteamCMD.
We apologize that the upgrade process is both somewhat confusing and quite manual - we did not have time to build delta packages from 1.8.1 to 1.8.2.
To upgrade from AMX Mod X 1.8.2, perform the following steps:
- On Windows, update addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll to Metamod 1.21-am.
- On Linux,
- Grab metamod.so from Metamod 1.21-am.
- Delete addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so.
- Copy metamod.so to addons/metamod/dlls/.
- Edit liblist.gam to point to metamod.so instead of metamod_i386.so.
- If you upgraded an old Counter-Strike 1.6 server, delete dlls/cs_i386.so (so Metamod finds the new cs.so).
- If you upgraded an old HLDM server, delete dlls/hl_i386.so (so Metamod finds the new hl.so).
- Download the base AMX Mod X package and any mod addon packs that you need.
- Replace all .dll, .so, and .amxx files in your server install with the ones from the downloaded packages.
- Increased the capacity of speech.ini bug 3553.
- Updated some Counter-Strike offsets for the Feb 2013 Counter-Strike 1.6 update.
- Fixed adminslots using an awkward loopback mechanism for kicking bug 3884.
- Fixed a bug in maps.ini parsing bug 5005.
- Fixed get_team() sometimes being wrong for dead players bug 4656.
- Fixed strfind() ignoring its last parameter bug 4070.
- Fixed replace_all() returning the wrong result bug 5064.
- Fixed crash in EngFunc_TraceTexture bug 4576.
- Fixed TrieSetArray() reading the wrong parameter bug 3816.
- Fixed file-handle leak in mapsmenu bug 3957.
- Fixed bugs in amx_ban bug 4159.
- Lowered wait time in between threaded queries bug 3740.
- Added hamsandwich support for Adrenaline Gamer bug 4445.
- Removed scasm.
Special thanks for this release goes to patch contributors Scott Ehlert, Vincent Herbet, Fysiks, Reuben Morais, Lev2001, joaquimandrade, Hawk552, and Ryan L.