SourceMod 1.7.0 Release Notes
This page is still a work-in-progress, incomplete and barely edited, as SourceMod 1.7 has not been released yet
- Rewrote internal Steam auth ID handling
- admins.cfg now supports Steam2, Steam3, and SteamID 64 formats for the Steam auth provider.
- admins-simple.ini now supports Steam3 auth IDs in addition to Steam2 IDs.
- Command targeting now supports both Steam3 auth IDs in addition to Steam2 IDs.
- SDKTools' gamerules gamedata is now far less likely to break on updates.
- Fixed crash with sm_dump_admcache on Windows.
- Fixed SDKHooks causing crash on player join/leave or plugin load/unload if gamedata missing.
- Added new SourcePawn Transitional Syntax!
- New methodmap-based APIs have been added for many existing functions and handle types.
- New work-in-progress API doc page.
- SDKHooks - Added Blocked and OnTakeDamage_Alive hook types.
- Many more File natives now support Valve FS.
- Added SetFilePermissions native.
- Added API for iterating StringMaps (formerly "tries").
- Added natives for accessing command line parameters.
- CloseHandle (or delete) on INVALID_HANDLE is now a no-op, instead of an error.
- GetClientAuthString is now deprecated. Use GetClientAuthId instead.
- Added OnCoreMapEnd to extension interface.
- TFHoliday updates no longer require a plugin recompile.
- Fixed FindFlagChar returning false when passing AdminFlag_Custom6 (bug 6248).
- Added support for (entity) CLASSPTR and EDICT Prop_Data fields with GetEntPropEnt and SetEntPropEnt.
- Added support for custom default values with GetEvent* natives, rather than using ""/0 for unset fields.
- Removed old profiler, and added new, pluggable profiler (with hooks to VProf).
- SourceMod now uses some C++11 and has newer compiler requirements.
- Added --disable-auto-versioning option to ambuild configure script.