SourceMod 1.7.0 Release Notes
This page is still a work-in-progress, incomplete and barely edited, as SourceMod 1.7 has not been released yet
- Updated game compatibility for TF2, CS:GO, and Dota 2.*
- Fixed regression in SM 1.6.3 causing load failure on games older than Orangebox. (PR 237)*
- Rewrote internal Steam auth ID handling (PR 147, PR 153, PR 155, PR 162, PR 204, PR 210, PR 222, PR 246).
- admins.cfg now supports Steam2, Steam3, and SteamID 64 formats for the Steam auth provider.
- admins-simple.ini now supports Steam3 auth IDs in addition to Steam2 IDs.
- Command targeting now supports both Steam3 auth IDs in addition to Steam2 IDs.
- SDKTools' gamerules gamedata is now far less likely to break on updates (PR 220).
- Fixed crash with sm_dump_admcache on Windows (PR 163).
- Fixed SDKHooks causing crash on player join/leave or plugin load/unload if gamedata missing (PR 236).
- Added new SourcePawn Transitional Syntax!
- New methodmap-based APIs have been added for many existing functions and handle types.
- New work-in-progress API doc page.
- Added Blocked hook type to SDKHooks (PR 119) (VoiDeD).
- Added OnTakeDamage_Alive hook type to SDKHooks (PR 149).
- Many more File natives now support Valve FS (PR 120, PR 169, PR 178).
- Added SetFilePermissions native (PR 43) (hlstriker).
- Added API for iterating StringMaps (formerly "tries").
- Added natives for accessing command line parameters (PR 164) (VoiDeD).
- Exposed engine Message_DetermineMulticastRecipients as GetClientsInRange native. (PR 234).
- CloseHandle (or delete) on INVALID_HANDLE is now a no-op, instead of an error (PR 74).
- GetClientAuthString is now deprecated. Use GetClientAuthId instead.
- Added OnCoreMapEnd to extension interface (PR 127).
- Fixed IThreader threads leaking if they're not joined. (bug 3460, PR 241)
- TFHoliday updates no longer require a plugin recompile (PR 217).
- Fixed FindFlagChar returning false when passing AdminFlag_Custom6 (bug 6248, PR 203).
- Added support for (entity) CLASSPTR and EDICT Prop_Data fields with GetEntPropEnt and SetEntPropEnt (PR 83).
- Added support for custom default values with GetEvent* natives, rather than using ""/0 for unset fields (PR 157) (VoiDeD).
- Removed old profiler, and added new, pluggable profiler (with hooks to VProf) (PR 54).
- Added command to dump profiler output (PR 128) (VoiDeD).
- Fixed ICommandLine and related features being reported as unavailable on Dark Messiah.*
- Fixed OnPlayerRunCommand forward in SDKTools being unavailable on Dark Messiah.*
- SourceMod now uses some C++11 and has newer compiler requirements.
- Added --disable-auto-versioning option to ambuild configure script.
* These items are still new since SourceMod 1.6.3, but also exist in the unreleased 1.6.4-dev version.