This document overviews some of the configuration concepts in SourceMod.
SourceMod's configuration files fall into two folders:
- cfg/sourcemod - These are .cfg files which contain cvars/commands. They can be run via 'exec' in the server console.
- addons/sourcemod/configs - These are files that contain special or advanced formats. Take care when editing them; they cannot be run via the server console.
- For admins_simple.ini and admins.cfg, see Adding Admins.
- For admin_groups.cfg, see Adding Groups.
- For admin_overrides.cfg, see Overriding Command Access.
The admin_levels.cfg should never be edited.
The addons/sourcemod/configs/core.cfg file contains settings that will rarely need to be changed. Here you can change settings related to:
- Server Language
- Chat Trigger Behavior
- Admin Password Variable
- Menu Sounds
For editing adminmenu_cfgs.txt or adminmenu_sorting.txt, see Admin Menu Configuration.
The addons/sourcemod/configs/maplists.cfg file is used to configure how SourceMod builds lists of maps. Each section is a named list that can be used by plugins. If a plugin requests a list that does not exist, it will fall back to a default section, then to the file referenced via the mapcyclefile cvar, and finally to the list of maps in the maps folder.
By tweaking this file, you can consolidate all map lists into one file, or use separate map lists for individual needs.
More documentation is contained inside the file header.
Databases or SQL
The addons/sourcemod/configs/databases.cfg file allows you to create named SQL database configurations. Plugins use these named configurations to establish database connections. For more information on editing this file, see [SQL].