This article briefly overviews the basics of configuring a Metamod:Source installation.
For information on unloading, loading, and refreshing plugins, see meta console commands instead.
This documentation describes how to add configure Metamod:Source's loading of plugins. You will need to refer to your plugin's documentation for additional installation or configuration information.
As of Metamod:Source 1.4.3, there is a new plugin loading method using .vdf files. These files are placed in the addons/metamod folder. Check your plugin's documentation to see if it comes with one of these files; if it does not, you will need to follow the directions below to load it.
- Open (or create) the "addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini" file in your mod folder (such as "cstrike" or "hl2mp"). You must use a plain text editor. If you use Notepad, make sure to save as "All Files" or else it may add an erroneous .txt extension.
- Add a line to metaplugins.ini which points to the plugin's path. For example, if the plugin is in cstrike\addons\sourcemod\bin\sourcemod_mm_i486.so, you would add:
addons\sourcemod\bin\sourcemod_mmNote that you do not need to worry about the file extension or operating system - all you need is the relative path to the file. If you add an extension, it won't hurt, but it's auto-detected regardless.
- Save the file and either restart the server, change the map, or type "meta refresh" in the console. You can manually use "meta load" but the plugin may require a map change
To remove a plugin, simply comment it from the list, using a semicolon (;) character, or by removing the line entirely.
As of Metamod:Source 1.2.2, you can "alias" plugins to file names. This lets you specify an alias wherever you would specify a plugin file. In metaplugins.ini it would look like this:
Here, "sourcemod" is now defined as an alias for "addons\sourcemod\bin\sourcemod_mm" which is useful if you wish to unload a plugin and then load it again without needing to type a long file path.
If the plugin path contains a space and you wish to create an alias, you do not need quotes. However, a non-alias path will be misread as an alias. In this case, you must use quotes:
"addons\My Plugin\bin\My Plugin.dll"
Metamod:Source has two cvars for configuring where it looks for plugins. They must be set as both cvars (for example, via autoexec.cfg) and as a command line parameter.
- mm_pluginsfile - Sets which file contains the plugins list. Defaults to "addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini".
- mm_basedir - Sets the root folder for MM:S. Defaults to "addons/metamod". This can be used to change where .vdf are searched.
Example of a server command line:
srcds.exe -game cstrike +maxplayers 12 +map de_dust +mm_basedir "server1/metamod"