SourceMod 1.5.0 Release Notes
SourceMod 1.5.0 is a major update with many new features and bug fixes.
Overview for Admins
- New Game Support - SourceMod, including base plugins and the CStrike extension now fully support Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- Updated gamedata for many games and mods.
- The popular SDKHooks extension is now shipped with SourceMod.
- Lots of stability fixes.
- Better localization support.
Overview for Developers
A full list of API additions and changes is available.
- Many new functions added.
- Some existing functions made more useful.
- Large scale documentation cleanup and fixing of functionality to match documenation or vice versa in cases.
- Too much to name here. For overview of all sourcepawn and SM extension API changes and additions, please see SourceMod_1.5.0_API_Changes
In almost all cases, SourceMod 1.5.0 is fully backward compatible with the 1.4.x releases. The following are the few places where this is not the case.
BfRead* and BfWrite natives not available on CS:GO:
CS:GO has a completely new usermessage system for which there is no direct way to force compatibility through the existing bitbuf read/write natives. To read or write usermessage parameters in CS:GO, you need to use the new Pb natives.
There is also a new GetUserMessageType native to check which one of the two usermessage types that the running game uses.
GuessSDKVersion deprecated, GetEngineVersion added
GuessSDKVersion will continue to function as-is for now, but will be removed in a later version. Additionally, a compile-time warning will be thrown. It has been superseded by the new GetEngineVersion native which will give clearer results and is more extendable for the future.
For more information, see SourceMod_1.5.0_API_Changes#HalfLife
TF2_GetResourceEntity, TF2_GetPlayerResourceData, and TF2_SetPlayerResourceData deprecated
These natives will continue to function as-is for now, but will generate a compile-time warning and be removed in a later version.
Calls to them should be replaced with calls to the new GetPlayerResourceEntity and the GetEntProp* and SetEntProp* natives.
For more information, see SourceMod_1.5.0_API_Changes#TF2
SourceMod 1.5 comes with the following languages translated, thanks to community translators:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Added support for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (bug 5299, bug 5579).
- Split CS:S, TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM, and ND to separate binaries (bug 5370, bug 5813).
- Added support for runoff voting in mapchooser (bug 4218).
- Added option to require Steam validation before granting admin access (bug 4837) (VoiDeD).
- Added localization support for many more core and base plugin messages (bug 5120, bug 5146).
- Added the ability to override RegConsoleCommand-created commands (bug 5199).
- Added support for "fuzzy" (partial) map names in map-related natives and cmds for L4D and later (bug 5599).
- Updated Reserved Slots to use max humans as max count (bug 5444).
- Added support for custom maxitems on radio menus (bug 5371).
- Improved console config editing (bug 5470).
- Increased map name buffer sizes in mapchooser to better account for nested maps (bug 5609) (Peace-Maker).
- Fixed JIT conflicts with SELinux (bug 5581).
- Added logged error when PlayerRunCommand offset lookup fails (bug 5535) (GoD-Tony).
- Fixed double print when sending psay to self (bug 5649) (Peace-Maker).
- Fixed check against uninitialized string in extension loader (bug 5546) (KyleS).
- Fixed possible runtime errors in basetriggers for not-ingame clients (bug 5191) (Peace-Maker).
- Check all possible mapcycle paths on newer orangebox games (bug 5719).
- Fixed ReadMapList not seeing maps in all valve search paths (bug 5715) (VoiDeD).
- Fixed typo in too-many-params native error message (Peace-Maker).
- Fixed various issues in clientprefs (bug 5538) (KyleS).
- Removed debug printout from PerformGravity (bug 5679) (KyleS).
- Fixed broken translating in some plugins and natives (bug 5612) (KyleS).
- Fixed issues with COMMAND_FILTER_NO_BOTS and @bots multi-target.
- Fixed crash in SDKHooks when throwing bad ent type error on logical ent (KyleS).
- Added support for CS:GO to the CStrike extension (bug 5299) (Drifter).
- Added support for new protobuf usermessages used in newer games (bug 5579, bug 5588, bug 5590, bug 5633).
- Added latest SDKHooks version as first-party extension.
- Updated SQLite to version 22.214.171.124 (bug 5235).
- Added natives for changing team score and mvp stars on CSS/CSGO (bug 5295) (Drifter).
- Added global pre and post forwards for client chat (bug 5394) (KyleS).
- Added TF2_CanPlayerTeleport forward to the TF2 game extension (bug 5283) (VoiDeD).
- Added GetEntityAddress native (bug 5269) (ProdigySim).
- Added more parameters to PlayerRunCommand forward (bug 5346) (GoD-Tony).
- Added forwards to basecomm plugin (bug 5466) (Drifter).
- Added symbol lookup support to gamedata on Windows (bug 5511) (GoD-Tony).
- Exposed GetLanguageInfo in ITranslator interface (bug 5249) (VoiDeD).
- Increase maximum .sp line length to 4095 characters. (bug 5347) (theY4Kman).
- Improved netprop dump output (bug 5471).
- Added int64 typename to netprop dumps (bug 5655).
- Added GetMaxHumanPlayers native exposing IServerGameClients func (bug 5551).
- Added WeaponIDToAlias native to CStrike extension (bug 5460) (KyleS).
- Fixed OnLibraryAdded/Removed not being called in all plugins (bug 5431).
- Made thread worker processing limits configurable at runtime (bug 5326).
- Added support in TF2 ext for detection of player conds >= 64 (bug 5565).
- Updated button defines in entity_prop_stocks (bug 5564).
- Added GetPlayerResourceEntity to SDKTools to replace old, semi-broken TF2-only version (bug 5491).
- Exposed third parameter of TF2's AddCond in TF2_AddCondition (bug 5641) (FlaminSarge).
- Added GetSteamAccountID function to IPlayerHelpers and native for sp (bug 5548) (KyleS).
- Added ISDKHooks interface with entity listeners (bug 5602) (GoD-Tony).
- Added file upload support to webternet extension.
- Added more alternative names for TFClass_Heavy (bug 5338) (Afronanny).
- Throw error instead of crash when calling SetTeamScore between maps (bug 5718) (KyleS).
- Fixed clients not being marked as in kick queue in some cases (bug 5746) (SystematicMania).
- Made compile.sh set working dir to own dir (bug 5710) (KyleS).
- Added CS_IsValidWeaponID native and validity checks to other natives (bug 5566) (Drifter).
- Numerous code documentation fixups (bug 5720) (Tsunami).
- Fixed cmd listener callback return behavior to match func doc (bug 5882).
- Fixed handle misuse in clientprefs plugin (bug 5805) (KyleS).
- Removed call to getchar() in debug build of compiler (bug 5626) (KyleS).
- Fixed instability issues with cloned handles (bug 5245, bug 5240) (KyleS).
- Changed extension unload order to avoid exposing finalization window (bug 5556) (KyleS).
- Fixed typo in TF2 ext asm.c causing accidental assignment instead of compare.
- Call OnPluginEnd before finalizer hooks have run (bug 4519).
- Fixed potential for reading out of library bounds in MemoryUtils::FindPattern.
- Overhauled versioning information (bug 5453).
- Changed from RemoveEdict to using the Kill input for TF2_RemoveWeapon.
- Fixed accidental assignment in each of SDKTools and sp compiler (bug 5745) (KyleS).
- Fixed potential deadlock in HandleSystem::TryAndFreeSomeHandles (bug 5665) (KyleS).